Thursday, January 16, 2014

"Bootcamp" is a Curse Word

Well, I had my first experience with bootcamp on Monday. To say it was intense is a vast understatement. I literally thought I was going to puke/pass out/cry at least 5 times. The instructor was really intimidating, but still somewhat nice...which was throwing me off big time. I'm like...do I fear you or befriend you? I don't know!! Very confusing.

Like in the beginning she was like, "Go run. NOW!" and we all jumped and scurried. Little did I know that we had to run this GIANT loop around the entire rec center...twice. I was dead last, of course, and was wheezing like a fat kid with asthma. It was embarrassing. By the time I got back to the start, everyone was already doing a whole other exercise! I had to plop down and do the last 5 seconds of the exercise. Then it was on to the next one. IT NEVER ENDED. We never stopped. No breaks. No pauses.

After about 30 mins of this crap, I decided I needed to stop. Just for a minute. Drink some water. So she comes over and is like "Keep going!!" and I gave her a "I don't give a fuuuuuuu" look and said, "I'm sorry. I can't. Give me a second." She nods and turns to the WHOLE CLASS and yells, "Everyone, be sure you're listening to your bodies! If you need to take a break LIKE DENISE OVER HERE, please do so!" I died. I crawled in a small hole and just died. HOW EMBARRASSING! What a bitch! She called me out! I was mortified.

So I immediately hopped up and started in again. Ain't NO ONE gunna call me out on taking a break! So I toughed it out the rest of the session and by the end I was sweating, crying, shaking, and couldn't stand. Literally. I had to have Lindsey help me up. I wasn't quite sure how I was going to muster up the strength to drive us home. My arms were noodles. But somehow I did it.

It's now Thursday and I am STILL sore. Like painfully sore. I was supposed to go back to bootcamp yesterday but there was no way. My legs hurt so bad, I'm waddling. It ain't perdy. So I'll go tomorrow after work. Hopefully I'll be healed by then.

I can't wait for the day that I'm no longer pathetic.

Photo: Dear God WHYYYYY! I think I died at bootcamp...twice. #ihatebootcamp #ilovebootcamp #toreupfromthefloorup

5 comments:

  1. You can do it! Bootcamp rocks but it sucks that your instructor is so in your face. I go every Tues with a bunch of moms and it's a lot of fun. The instructor doesn't yell - she jokes and we all have a good time. This week was intense though and I was pretty sore too. Keep with it - you won't regret it! (ps I found your blog through Life Begin's at 30!). Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!! Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I'm definitely struggling with the desire to go back. I'm going to keep up though. I've got to!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stand people yelling at me, so not sure i'd make it through bootcamp without crying at lineup, lol. but good for you for sticking it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely intimidating. And I haven't gone back since. Whoops!

      xo Denise

      Delete